Speak Like a Scholar has strict parameters for participation. Before applying, please think ahead and decide whether you can meet the following expectations between February 14 and March 25:
- Students must be able to work on SLAS activities 2-6 hours a week for each of the six weeks
- Be available for a 2-hour live orientation in week 1, a 2-hour practice draft presentatoin in week 4, and a 2 to 3 hour final presentationin week 6.
- Read/watch all workshop material
- Gather all of the materials you will need to draft and design presentations (articles, data, previous drafts with comments, research notes, etc.).
- Complete weekly tasks, including drafting, responding to discussion boards, and providing peer feedback.