Happy Tuesday, Irving Metro! Here’s everything worth knowing today in the Irving area.
Here are the top stories today in Irving:
- Do you have young writers in your home? City of Irving announced its annual kids’ and teens’ essay contest: a 500-word essay inspired by Dr. Martin Luther King with the theme, “Reaching the Mountain Top.” The competition is part of the city’s January 16 holiday celebration.
- Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD has a new trustee as of last Thursday. Carolyn Benavides is a Carrollton-based business owner who leads the Benavides Family Charity, serving those in need in Carrollton, Farmers Branch, Addison, Irving and Dallas. She’s filling the vacant position left by Juan Renteria. (Star Local Media)
- There’s a new facility in Arlington designed to serve the health needs of the LGBTQ community. The HELP Center was founded in 1994 but outgrew its original offices in recent years. The organization held a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the expansion on December 1 in recognition of World AIDS Day. (Dallas Voice)
- Find out what ‘Build Back Better’ 2.0 may mean for North Texas business owners and investors at the Dallas Business Journal (subscription required).
- Learn more about a shooting in Bedford where police say a woman killed a relative. (Fort Worth Star-Telegram)
Today’s Irving Daily is brought to you in part by our friends at Ring, the home security company. Ring does a lot more than doorbells: check out their full suite of smart home products at Ring.com. And thank you Ring for helping to make local news happen in Irving!
Today in Irving:
- Ranchview Wolves Boys Basketball vs Parish – Check out local student-athletes on their home turf. (9th 5:00 PM, JV 6:30 PM and V 8:00 PM)
- Party southern style with live music from Chet Stevens @ The Ranch at Las Colinas. (6:00 PM)
- Kahoot Trivia @ Aunt Cissy’s Kitchen and Catering – Test your smarts, sip some brews and enjoy affordable, homestyle cooking at an event that’s family-friendly to boot. (7:00 PM – 9:00 PM)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
That’s it for today. See you all tomorrow morning for another update! If you’re liking these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read along. You can send them this link to subscribe.
— Ash DeMello
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Irving Daily? Reach out anytime to email@example.com.