Get on up, Columbia! Let’s get you all caught up to start this Thursday, December 2 off on an informed note. These are the most important things happening today in town.
Here are the top stories in Columbia today:
- Spring Hill High School freshman Gabby Goodwin now has a headquarters for her business, thanks to her parents, and Rozalynn Goodwin. The 15-year-old CEO of Confidence, along with her team, now fill orders for her patented GaBBY Bows and girls’ plant-based natural hair products at the new facility. Her retail store and girls’ salon will officially open during a ribbon-cutting and drop-in with the Columbia Chamber of Commerce Saturday, Dec. 4 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. (ColaDaily.com)
- Columbia officials are searching for a man accused of repeatedly assaulting and biting another man in a hospital. Alonza Victorlon Gibson, 41, is accused of assaulting and biting a man on October 15 while at 5 Richland Medical Park, according to the Columbia Police Department. The victim was able to receive medical attention. (WIS10)
- The Columbia Police Department investigators are following leads in a fatal shooting that occurred last week on Clemson Frontage Road. (Press Release Desk)
- Hand-rolled ice cream and boba are rapidly growing trends in Columbia. (Charleston Post Courier)
Today’s Columbia Daily is brought to you in part by Newrez, a leading nationwide mortgage lender. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to connect with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS #3013)
Today in Columbia:
- Junior League of Columbia Holiday Market (9:30 AM)
- The Senior Network: A Virtual Education Program (10:30 AM)
- Monthly Topic: Application Questions & Answers Open Call (11:00 AM)
- Wateree District Committee/Roundtable (6:30 PM)
- Capital Rivers District Committee/Roundtable (6:30 PM)
Did you know you can feature your local business right here for just $79 per month? Click here to learn more.
Alrighty, you’re all caught up for today. I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow with your next update! If you’re feeling these newsletters, consider bringing some more friends and neighbors on board. You can send them this link to subscribe.
— Sean Peek
About me: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur with a degree in English Literature from Weber State University. Over the years, he has worked as a copywriter, editor, SEO specialist, and marketing director for various digital media companies. He currently co-owns and operates content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.