Words matter. We’ve all heard the ‘sticks and stones…’ saying but we know in truth words have power. Words can help us, hurt us, drive us to action, and words can heal. Writing quotes for Instagram is one way this writer earns up to $900 per hour! Read on!
I had a call the other day from a tee shirt company in California looking for someone to write Inspirational quotes on Instagram. You wouldn’t think that an actual job existed for that but it does. Those words we read every day on Instagram and social media don’t just come out of nowhere. Someone actually gets paid to write them.
This could be you.
In fact the content creation industry is expected to reach $38 billion by 2030.
Did you know that some companies and brands pay rates of up to $900 per hour for short sayings and original quotes like ones you read every day? Crazy right?
Think I’m kidding? Laura Belgray of talkingshrimp.com charges upwards of $900 per hour.
Now I’m not saying you’re going to be able to come up with some quotes tomorrow, throw them out there and charge her rates. Laura has built up a business over two decades that has earned her a stellar reputation allowing her to command those rates.
My point is, it’s entirely possible.
How to get paid to write short, quotable social media posts
More and more businesses and companies are using Instagram and other social media to reinforce their brands. They need words — and not everyone likes writing. Most people need help, and many will pay for it.
That’s where the power of copywriting comes in.
Don’t wait for permission
Anyone can publish these days. People do it all the time on Amazon and on ibooks and other digital platforms and make a small bundle every single month!
One of the great things about freelance writing is that if you love to write, you can start doing so professionally — without permission, an agent, a book deal, a publisher, or working your way up a corporate ladder.
Back in the day it would take years of effort and success to accumulate a portfolio of good copy or print ads, but as a freelance online writer you can create your own work at your own speed.
I use Ampfluence to grow my Instagram account to over 10K followers!~
Highlight your talent
There are plenty of free, no-permission-required ways to show off your writing skills.
Create your own quote graphics
You don’t have to be a designer to create amazing graphics these days. Anyone can do it. Here’s how:
- Use a graphic editing app like Canva, which offers a variety of Instagram and social media quote templates, animated graphics, drag and drop designs and much more.
- Post the quote on Twitter, then take a screenshot and use that as your Instagram image. It won’t have a signature look, but this style of quote is easy to create and read.
Advertise Your Services
If you want to be hired and make money as a writer, or write quotes for Instagram – make it clear that you are one for the job and it’s easy to book you.
- On your website, have a “Services” or “Hire Me” page that allows people to contact you for more information.
- Offer your services (even if no one has ever paid you for them yet) on a freelancer site like FreeUp. Some people make up to $100K a year using these sites.
- If you want to write Instagram quotes, use your captions to let people know. For instance, when you post an original quote, the caption can include a sentence like, “Like this? I can help you write your own original quotes. DM me for details.”
- Contact companies on Instagram in a niche you like that can use your services.
Set Your Rates
As a newbie obviously you’re not going to charge what Laura does. At least not right away;) I recommend checking out various freelance rate sites like this one.
Remember, the more demand you build for yourself, the more you can charge. And don’t forget to always keep building your skills.
Sign up for my bestselling expert copywriting guide and tips so you can start writing captivating content like a pro!
Mastering the Art of Copywriting for the Web